Aside from social capital, what other variable are you interested in? Let’s call this variable ‘X’. Is the variable you are interested (X) a dependent variable or an independent variable?
To receive credit for this take-home portion of quiz #2, answer the following 3 questions in 500 words or less and upload your work as a word document to the D2L dropbox labeled ‘Quiz #2 Take-Home’
To collect quantitative data for our class, we will be constructing and distributing an online survey. As a class, we are interested in operationalizing several concepts. They include: social capital, gender, social class, age, race/ethnicity, educational attainment, personality, community resources, and parents’ education.
1. Aside from social capital, what other variable are you interested in? Let’s call this variable ‘X’. Is the variable you are interested (X) a dependent variable or an independent variable? Do you expect the relationship to be positive or negative? Provide justification for your answers. (1 point)
X is a dependent variable: Social Capital ? X
X is an independent variable: X ? Social Capital
2. What population will be able and willing to provide us with data that measures Social Capital and your variable of interest (X)? Why should we expect them to be able? Why should we expect them to be willing? Justify your answers. (1 point)
3. How could we sample these people using some type of probability sampling? Provide a feasible sampling frame by doing one of the following: (1 point)
1. Attach an actual sampling frame
2. Provide a link to publically-available information that can be used to construct a sampling frame
3. Describe in great detail the series of sensible activities that would lead to a sampling frame.