IP Address Map
IP Address Map
Assume that you are asked to set up the IP address plan for a new facility that is a division of a larger, distributed organization. For the purposes of our discussions, let’s consider the needs of a mid-sized medical outpatient office with 2-3 lab units and 6-10 suites of medical practice offices, employing 200-400 people. The IP address range assigned for use in this facility by the larger organization is 172.22.128.0/20 to 172.22.192.255/20. The WAN side ports will use 172.16.20.8/22 and 172.16.24.8/22.
Design an IP address plan that will make efficient use of this block of IP addresses within this facility. Assume that you do not need to provide any public addresses or external firewalls, and that all external traffic is sent via a private VPN connection to the home organization. A good design will include enough information on the underlying LANs to show how you intend to isolate the different classes of users, if needed.
Be sure to include allocations for the following types of endpoint devices:
– Fixed medical equipment.
– Mobile medical equipment.
– PCs and other computers, both fixed workstations and mobile laptops with docking stations.
– Routers, switches, and other networking infrastructure.
– Include a range of addresses that can be used by visiting patients as a Wi-Fi courtesy service.
– Mark each allocation as statically assigned or pooled via DHCP. Remember, most networking devices need an address for their management interface; this address will appear as another host on the subnet the device is attached to.
Mark each allocation as statically assigned or pooled via DHCP. Remember, most networking devices need an address for their management interface; this address will appear as another host on the subnet the device is attached to.
Aim to do this in 3 pages, using the APA format. Always include a list of the sources you used to produce your paper, and use inline citations to show where you used the sources in the body of your paper.
For information on how you will be evaluated, refer to the IP Address Map