Company Analysis and Questions
The company analysis: begin the research by finding/reading the last four annual reports, and start working on this analysis ASAP.
Answer the following questions in full detail (minimum of 3 pages per question, i.e. question #1 must be a minimum of 3 pages, as is the same requirement for each question number– the final paper is typically 25+ pages) updating all information through research
1. Discuss the distinguishing features (Market size, Market growth rate, Industry strength, etc.) of the industry that the company is in. (This section must be updated and corrected based on the Professor’s review in Assignment #1.)
2. Discuss the competition within the industry. Who are the main players? How intense is the rivalry? How attractive is the industry? What factors are critical to competing successfully in the industry? Porter’s Model of Competition must be used in this section
3. Discuss how the industry is changing?
4. What is this organization’s strategy to compete? Is the strategy working? Perform a complete, fully developed with explanations, SWOT analysis. (A minimum of eight components for element of SWOT, along with the identification and justification of the UT: Ultimate Threat is required: 8 components for each SWOT element=C, 11=B, 14=A). (This section must be updated and corrected based on the Professor’s review in Assignment #2.)
5. Perform a financial analysis based on all current information available. Include in this analysis, a full comparison of the respective company’s financials to their top three publically traded competitors.
6. Provide your recommendations (a minimum of eight=C, 11=B, 14=A) and a plan of action. Note: Current information that must be reviewed: Current Annual Report, Current News, Current Research (beyond simple “internet search”), etc…
• Document all sources properly (APA style is required–this is not an option), failure to do so, results in a plagiarized paper (using MLA for this paper results in a plagiarized paper), and the resulting grade is an F (zero points)–refer to the student dishonesty section of the syllabus. Make sure all sources are verified and acceptable—example: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for this project (and all other similar sources are not acceptable as well).
• Format the paper in APA: review the “A-paper” that is included as a guideline (posted in the Additional Resources section).
• Note: This is a “Senior-Level” company/case analysis. All papers must be typed, double spaced, 12-font, 25+: pages of analysis, plus attachments, saved in a Word Document– loaded into Blackboard. Correct source documentation/formatting (APA) is required and failure to properly cite the sources results in a plagiarized paper.
• Review the rubric posted in Blackboard for the assignments/analysis. Specifically 5-points will be deducted for each statement missing source documentation, each misspelled word, and each grammatical error; before the assignment/analysis is graded for content. Note: beginning with the sixth statement missing source documentation, the paper will be graded as plagiarized, resulting in a final grade of zero points.