***The Only source/ reference I’m allowed to use are the attached web book exerts***
1. This essay should be a 600-900 word essay focusing on the assigned readings from the course.
2. This should be a close reading essay, and should use as evidence primarily passages from the work or works that you discuss.
3. The essay should be in MLA essay format (see the attached sample essay), and use MLA citations. A works cited entry and in-text citations for each text discussed are required.
4. It should have a self-assessment (which should answer these questions) as the first page.
5. Analytical essays should be focused on making a debatable claim about the work in question
6. Informational essays or essays consisting of summary are not appropriate for your essay.
7. The essay should be supported with discussion of specific passages from the text(s) on which the essay is focused.
8. Be sure to write a thesis-driven essay in response to the topic.
Consider “The Tale of Sohrab” from the Shahnameh in comparison to Oedipus Tyrannus. Make an argument about whether the two works are more alike or different and why. Focus your thesis on one particular aspect of the two works such as protagonists, themes, central conflicts, or other another element that you see as important.