1. Analyze current nursing and health care trends and issues in the workplace, city, state, nation and international scene.
2. Communicate an informed position about a city, state or federal nursing/healthcare issue to an appropriate audience.
3. Evaluate the impact on nursing of a current health care issue.
4. Use a variety of resources and methods for remaining current regarding issues and trends in nursing and health care.
5. Examine the role of professional nursing organizations in policy development.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the national organizations and societal movements that support quality and safety initiatives.
7. Utilize technology to search and verify health care information.