Assignment 2: LASA 1, Case Analysis—Sustainable Development
In this assignment, the objective is to further understand some illustrative examples of how companies have accomplished the multiple tasks of meeting objectives for profit, planet, and people.
Follow these instructions to access the resource that contains case studies for analysis you will use for this assignment:
- Visit the Web site for the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD): http://www.wbcsd.org
- Click on the link to Case Studies. These relate to corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- Choose one of the case studies to use for this assignment
Prepare a case analysis which addresses the following questions:
For your selected case:
- Explain the major goals and objectives of the World Council for Sustainable Development.
- Analyze the World Business Council’s concept of Corporate Social Responsibility and explain how this idea can help companies live up to their responsibilities as global citizens.
- Explain the nature of the company’s operations including the company’s country of origin, number of employees, revenue sources, and any other relevant operational information.
- Identify the company’s main initiative and its role in terms of social responsibility. Explain the specific actions taken by the company in this initiative.
- Analyze the results of the initiative and the success and/or failures of the initiative.
- Assess the main lessons learned from the initiative
- Evaluate the application of the concept of triple bottom line performance in the case.
Write an 8-10 page case study analysis in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.