Many of you may not know where to begin when thinking about your college experience. It is often difficult to organize memories and impressions into something that adequately captures all that you have learned. This exercise will help you make sense of such scattered impressions by encouraging you to explore the ways in which you have been changed by your education.
In this assignment, think back on the knowledge you have gained and the skills you have acquired during your time at Argosy. Try to concentrate not just on what you have learned (things like theories, concepts and facts), but also on how the acquisition of these have changed your outlook (on your life, career, and the world). Consider what aspects of your education would be most important to pass on to others and think of how this project might allow you to do just that. Keeping this in mind, address the following questions:
- Identify at least three areas of interest and three newly acquired skills that can be used to help others.
- For each area of interest and each skill that you list, describe ways in which you think this particular component could help you help others.
Write your initial response in 3 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
As the British philosopher Edmund Burke once observed, “All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act, is founded on compromise and barter.”
For the final project in this course, you will write a grant-proposal paper to secure funding for your proposed service project that seeks to serve a community. In Part 1, you defined the scope of the project and created a preliminary assessment of the project’s needs.
In this assignment, you will identify and analyze the component parts of the community you have chosen to work in. Pay specific attention to how the parts compromise with, interact with, and relate to one another as well as how they act as potential avenues of support for your own project.
You will create a detailed concept map of the community you are researching.
Address the following:
- Identify a community that will be a basis for your service project.
- Identify all the major forces at work in the community while focusing on the key players.
- Identify the goals, needs, and possible relationships of these key players to one another.
- Provide a short analysis of these relationships. How will they influence the planning, design, and implementation of the proposed service project?
Write a 4 page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.