- Give an explanation of the Civil Rights Act, Title VII 1964 legislation, dealing specifically with the meaning of reasonable accommodation for religious practices.
- Click here to read the Civil Rights, Title VII 1964 legislation.
- For each of the 3 religious groups listed, describe and explain the following:
- Include at least 2 religious practices that could easily be accommodated by management without any hardship for the company.
- Include at least 2 practices that would be difficult to accommodate.
- Orthodox Jewish
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- What is Affirmative Action?
- What was the initial intent of Affirmative-Action legislation?
- What did the landmark Bakke v. Regents case conclude? Click here to read the case.
- What was the basis for the conclusion?
- What are the positive and negative results of Affirmative Action legislation?
- In your evaluation, is Affirmative Action legislation is still appropriate?
Civil Rights Act, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e (1964). Retrieved from http://finduslaw.com/civil-rights-act-1964-cra-title-vii-equal-employment-opportunities-42-us-code-chapter-21
University of California Regents v. Bakke, 438 U.S. 265 (1978). Retrieved from the FindLaw Web site:http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=438&invol=265
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-6 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.