Portfolio Project #1 provides data from a hypothetical organization. The data can be found at the bottom of the page.
You will create a strategic plan that aligns the human resources (HR) function with the organization’s mission, vision, and objectives. The overall scope of the Portfolio Project is to create a “Shared Services” structure for HR that will be housed at the organization’s corporate offices.
Most of us are aware of the term “purpose statement” but are unsure of its real meaning within an organization. It is a statement describing the organization’s purpose, or the reason for its existence. The purpose of an organization reflects a desired position in the marketplace. It should accurately answer to the questions below. The purpose statement is the written summary of those answers.
- Who are we?
- What do we do?
- For whom do we do this?
- How do we know when we are getting it done?
The purpose statement is the written summary of those answers. The most effective purpose statements are short, concise, and direct. A good purpose statement is between 2–3 sentences.
Answer the four questions above and create a purpose statement for your HR department. Submit the answers to the four questions and the purpose statement to your instructor for review.
NOTE: At this stage, you will need to name your company and decide the service they provide or products they manufacture.
My Company’s name is NEDAC Pediatric Dentistry
We provide the highest quality of dental care and serve every child in the community as if they were our own
Required Topics – Be sure to cover the following:
- Strategic Contribution,
- Personal Credibility,
- HR Delivery Metrics,
- Key Performance Measurements (KPM),
- Action Plan for each functional area,
- HR mission statement,
- HR vision statement and objectives.
Your strategic plan should include:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Body of your plan
- Reference Page
- Appendix (optional)
- Ten pages minimum (not including the title page, table of contents, reference page or appendix) will be needed to complete the project.
- Support your analysis and recommendations with 5 credible sources documented in accordance APA Guidelines.
Thesis: In order to become a world class company we need to implementHR organization improvementsand become leaders who have great strategies. Our success depends on setting the team up for goal accomplishment, performance, and innovation.
Mission: Administer the highest quality guest care and treat every child as they are our own. Vision: Tobecome an exceptional organization, the standard by which others are measured.
- Recruitment and selection
- Finding the right people for the bus by utilizing references and evaluating performance prior to hiring.
- Performance management
- Evaluate team members monthly to ensure optimal performance.
- Training and development
- Utilize outside resources for training (continuing ed.) and fine tune skills in house.
- Compensation and benefits
- Set a tiered pay scale which will equal out overhead and eliminate the necessity of discretion
- Benefit earning will be standardized based on time served within the organization.
- Employee and labor relations
- Promoting effective, fair, and professional relationships between all team members
- Health, safety & security
- Implement a health initiate to keep employees healthy thus reducing absences
- Ensuring all possible safety/ security precautions are taken
- Createcentralized human resources function located at our corporate offices that identifies and supports individual needs and their use of locally assigned human resources contact.
- Minimizing the inconsistencies that currently existing HR policies and practices across areas and implementing practice, process and structural changes that will ensure the consistent application of best practices in the human resources function enterprise wide.
- Eliminating unnecessary duplication of processes and services in the HR function.
- Ensure that HR personnel receive the training and experience they need to develop their expertise and cultivate opportunities for career advancement in the HR field.
- Improve communications and information sharing among all areas to ensure consistent application of the HR function.
- Boost employee morale by finding innovative ways to upkeep employee satisfaction.
- Train employees to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction thus increasing profits& shareholder value.
- Identify the voids in our industry as well as our organization and fill them.