Imagine you are an advisory board member for a Fortune 500 organization, representing the Information Technology Division. Your organization is looking forward to expanding its mobile software development platform and optimizing software project management practices. Specific organizational goals include minimizing software development costs and improving the reliability of mobile applications. As a member, you are asked to qualify methodologies and recommend best practices for optimizing software development.
Research frameworks that may be used for meeting the organization’s goals and consider best practices for software project management strategies for this project.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe how the development-process framework provides opportunities for streamlining software development, increasing quality, and minimizing risk. Explain the distinct focus areas that exist within system engineering and software development. Note: Refer to Figure 2.1B (see below) for information on process frameworks for developing software-intensive systems.
- Compare and contrast at least two (2) traditional software development process models with respect to iterative-development process models. Provide details on the various benefits and challenges that each method offers for an aggressive mobile development strategy.
- Determine at least three (3) risks that may occur if the requirements engineering process is not properly followed. Speculate on how failing to perform these processes may lead to project failure. Include examples to support your answer.
- Develop a software project management plan for the organization described within the scenario above. Describe the minimum level of detail that should be included within each section of the plan. Note: Refer to Table 4.4A for information on templates for a software project management plan.
- Determine how each component of the software project management plan facilitates and ensures that the project team members have adequate direction for a software development project. Include at least two (2) scenarios that may occur if a project is improperly planned.
- Recommend at least three (3) best practices for software project management strategies for this project.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources (not the textbook) in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Must have introduction and conclusion.
- Each paragraph must be labeled.
- Each paragraph must have an in text citation.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.