For most, the car is a necessity. Cars help them go around the city and transfer from one place to another. There are those who keep their cars in perfect condition in order to prevent accidents or in order to keep their cars from breaking in the middle of the highway. Majority of the populace own a car or two since this is the preferred transportation. It is hard to find someone who will prefer a public transportation to a car. There is no denying that travelling in your own vehicle is more comfortable and convenient. You do not have to worry about missing the trip or not having enough fare for the trip.
Although majority of the populace consider cars as necessity, there are those who view their cars as status symbols and expressions. This is probably one reason why these car owners go to the extremes when it comes to customizing and modifying their cars. Car modifications are not complete without installing custom car doors. These automobile doors can be customized and installed at the shop or you can have it customized and install it yourself.
To install custom car doors personally here are some easy steps:
- Roll down all the windows.
- Remove the screws securing the car panel. Screws are usually located on the corners, surrounding the window handle, and in places where there is something mounted on the door. You can save the screws for older cars. Newer cars come with clips that can only be used once. When you are purchasing new screws do not forget to bring your old ones for comparison.
- Remove everything that is mounted on the old car panel. Once everything is removed, it is now time to take out the old car panel. When you are removing the old door be careful not to damage the mounting.
- Once the old car door is out it is now time to install your new custom car doors. Before you fasten the doors make sure that it is in the right position. There should be no bulging on any part of the door. If you have to force the door in place then the angle might be off.
- Be gentle when installing custom car doors because it can easily snap.
For better fitting custom car doors, you can always use your car’s old door panels as base.