Materials Engineering Assignment Help
Materials engineering is a specialized field of engineering where the professionals remain engaged in the development, processing and testing of different types of materials required in different manufacturing processes. As such, material engineers are Writers in determining the qualities of the materials that have immense importance in other industries, especially in manufacturing industries that are involved in production of mainly engineering and scientific products. Through rigorous classes, practical and theoretical trainings and assignments, students of materials engineering develop their abilities to build and investigate materials at their molecular levels, they are taught to use advanced processes to reproduce naturally available materials in the laboratory and then study the special characteristics of these materials and their usability in different machineries.
Students in this field are also taught to invent new materials by combining different elements and compounds in laboratories. Such inventions help the other industries to make use of more advanced products suitable for their manufacturing processes. As had happened in the past, new materials developed by material engineers will continue to make revolutionary changes in our lives in the future too. These engineers are efficiently inventing more permeable, more sophisticated and lighter materials that are revolutionizing other industrial inventions.
WHAT IS MATERIALS ENGINEERING?
Materials engineering focuses on the improvement of the things and how they are made and solves the problems of many other engineering fields, such as civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical, aerospace and nuclear.
Material engineers work with ceramics, plastics, metals, semiconductors, and compounds to produce new materials that could meet certain mechanical, electrical, and chemical requirements. They also are engaged in finding naturally available materials for new different applications.
There are various classifications of engineering materials:
• Composite Material – The material which is made up of two or more basic materials with different chemical and physical properties is known as composite material.
• Nanomaterial -The materials which have at least one dimension in the range 1 to 100 nanometers.
• Ceramics and Diamond – Ceramics include bricks, tile, glass and plates. Ceramics are generally made up of clay, water, and earthen elements.
• Ferrous Metals – They include carbon steel, mild steel, cast iron and stainless steel. These metals are known for their durability and strength.
• Non-Ferrous Metals – These metals include copper, brass, aluminum, silver, and gold.
IMPORTANCE OF MATERIALS ENGINEERING AND MATERIALS ENGINEERS
Everything used by human is made of some materials – Laptops, cars, bikes, airplanes, refrigerators, microwaves, television, kitchen appliances, sports equipment, DVDs, and biomedical devices like – limbs, replacement joints, pacemakers, etc. All of these products require materials specifically generated for specific applications only. Materials engineers mostly remain engaged in innovations and try to apply new innovations in real world situations that use their anticipated properties, so these professionals work closely with several other fields in science and engineering so that by combining their knowledge of materials engineering with other branches, they can innovate and discover the desired material. Thus, material engineers are important in different fields like: aircraft engineering, computer manufacturing, toys manufacturing, medical apparatus manufacturing, biomedical science, electronics products manufacturing, packaging industry, civil engineering, chemical engineering, agricultural engineering, and mechanical engineering, etc. It is the invention of a new material that opens the door for a new technology and material engineers are always engaged in research and investigation of new materials.
Material engineers always remain at the forefront in all these and many other industries with a sole motto to contribute some new materials that will make these industries more advanced and more realistic for the human race. Materials engineering has its impacts on human life each time a person buys or uses a new device, apparatus, or structure. Thus, material engineers are very important for the above mentioned industries and their importance is increasing with the changing.
FEATURES OF MATERIALS ENGINEERING COURSE
It is evident that materials engineering is one of the toughest fields in engineering. Throughout the course sessions, students are kept engaged with practical training and assignments. This field of study requires lots of practical experience on naturally and artificially available materials and how their characteristics can be studied and changed. As a result, students remain intensively engaged in laboratories and classes most of the time. At the end of any materials engineering course, students become Writers in the following fields:
• Students learn to depict features of materials and select perfect materials to design a particular product.
• They become Quality in solving materials engineering problems and also identify and formulate new problems.
• They become Quality in analytical and untried approaches of investigation, and create, validate, and appraise different solutions.
• They become Quality in extraction, synthesis and processing of materials to meet various requirements of the industries.
• They become Writers in recognizing social, economic and environmental values of materials and how efficiently these materials could be used for the benefits of mankind.