You will provide a comprehensive and detailed manual documenting the step-by-step process for building a computer using the components provided in LabSim 13.1: “Build a Computer from Scratch.” The manual will be used by entry-level technicians, so it should be clear, concise, and formatted using the IEEE citation style, with screenshots of each step from LabSim 13.1. Your manual should be similar to step-by-step instructions on How to Change the Oil in Your Car. Note carefully how in this example, not only is each step described individually, and in detail, but also there is a visual representation of each step. You should model your submission along the same lines. Keep in mind that your manual will be used as a guide for new technicians.
The manual should not document how to complete a LabSim section; rather, it should provide detailed instructions on how to build an actual computer for a potential customer:
“Drag the motherboard from the shelf to the motherboard plate in the system case.”
“After properly grounding yourself, pick up the motherboard and place it inside the area where the motherboard will sit in the case. Align the screw holes on the motherboard with the screw holes on the case. Use appropriate screws to mount the motherboard inside the case, making sure not to scratch the surface of the motherboard.”
To learn about the required parts which must be present in your submissions, and to learn how you will be assessed on this assignment, please take a moment to review the rubric.
The manual will be submitted in three separate parts, at three suggested milestone times. Part 1 addresses Sections 1-5 of the overall manual, Part 2 addresses Sections 6-10, and Part 3 addresses Sections 11-12.
PC Build & Manual Part 1:
1. Workspace Preparation (LabSim 1.0)
2. Installing Motherboard (LabSim 3.3)
3. Installing Power Supply (LabSim 3.2)
4. Installing CPU (LabSim 3.4 and 3.10)
5. Installing RAM (LabSim 3.5)
PC Build & Manual Part 2:
6. Installing Hard Drive (LabSim 5.4)
7. Installing Optical Drive (LabSim 5.6)
8. Installing Video Card (LabSim 3.8)
9. Connecting Monitors, Keyboard, and Mouse (LabSim 4.0)
10. BIOS Configuration (LabSim 3.6)
PC Build & Manual Part 3:
11. Installing Windows 7 (LabSim 10.3)
12. Configuring Critical Windows Features (LabSim 9.0 and 10.0)