Here is how I planned my wedding for less than £4000.
Low Cost Wedding Dress Ideas – Online
Many websites offer discount prices on new and used bridal gowns. Purchasing a dress without trying it on first may be scary, but you may always alter it and still save a considerable amount of money. Just remember it’s easier to alter a dress that is too big rather than too small
Low Cost Wedding Dress Ideas – Offline
– Second hand stores offer great vintage dresses and tuxedos that you can alter as needed
– Wedding exhibitions are a great place for ideas and deals if you have the time to go
– Search for a tuxedo or wedding dress style that you like online or in magazines and have it made by a local dress maker. If you omit the fact that it’s your wedding dress, you may get a lower price
– Renting your tuxedo and dress can reduce costs
– I know a girl who bought a £25 silk nightdress on sale which she accessorized and wore as her wedding gown
Online Low Cost Wedding Flowers
For my wedding, we decided to forgo the decorative flowers, since the venue had a beautiful blooming garden. To save on the bouquets we bought 1 rather large bouquet of assorted spring flowers which cost £25 and divided it into 2 smaller bouquets and 2 buttonholes. We took some white ribbon, tied each bouquet and that was that. The bouquets were ready within 10 minutes.
Here are some more low cost wedding flower ideas:
– Flowers can cost a lot depending on the type you want and the season in which they grow.
– Planning to use seasonal flowers instead of having them flown in will reduce your costs significantly.
– Re-use your flowers from the ceremony at the reception
– Get creative with your flowers; come up with your own arrangements.
Low Cost Online Wedding Stationery Ideas
I found a low cost online printing company that delivered straight to my flat. They really saved me a lot of time and money. Since everything is done online, they charge much less than my local printer does. I could always reach their customer service representatives with any questions. I ordered 100 invitations,100 RSVP cards with matching envelopes, plus 100 thank you cards with envelopes for a grand total of £106.81 this includes shipping and VAT!
Cheap Venue and Decoration Ideas
We decided to marry at the registry office the morning of the reception. This reduced our ceremony fees, as we didn’t need to hire a celebrant or a church. The reception was held at my Grandparents’ country home in Hertfordshire. We hired a marquee, tables and chairs from a local party supplier. They came and set everything up as per my Grams requests. We also hired from them tableware, linens and Champaign flutes. As a thank you gift we gave out beautiful glass candle holders with rose tea lights. We even bought some extra and used them to decorate the tables. They only cost £0.76 each when you purchase 100+.
Low Cost Wedding Food Ideas Online
– Transforming food into décor, is a “2 birds with 1 stone” cost and time saver. But if you aren’t careful it could wind up looking cheap. “Be smart not stingy”!
– I know that some people have their family members and some friends help to cater the event which considerably cuts costs
– Serving snack foods, cocktail foods, or just 1 meal also helps keep food costs low. To succeed in doing this, it is best to arrange the ceremony and reception at the same place.
Ideas for Low Cost Wedding Photography
– When hiring photographers, remember, you can get a good deal by cutting down the hours in which they are there. Have them come by for the important parts, where the quality pictures are taken.
– ALWAYS ask for the digital images on CD or DVD so that you don’t have to pay the photographer for reprints. We are living in a digital world and you should take advantage of it.
– See if a friend or family member is willing to take on this job as a gift
Cheap Wedding Music Ideas
– If you want a band without all the costs, I suggest finding a group of local students who are itching to play for an audience. This may be quite time consuming with respect to auditioning them and finding them, but it will be entertaining and cheap.
– Student DJ’s also offer cheaper deals
– Today through your pocket PC, I pod, or laptop, music is an easy expense to eliminate.
It doesn’t matter where you wish to marry, in the city or in the country. There are always ways to keep the costs low.