You will be launching your new brand over the next 2 units. Because you have completed research on competitors—including a Top 100 U.S.-based brand—and received feedback from your colleagues, you have enough information to introduce your brand.
- Interpret the essentials and processes of new product development.
- Compose ideas for test marketing, product introduction, and commercialization of new products to market.
- Describe and understand the benefits of branding, brand attributes, and significance of brand equity.
- Execute a working knowledge of designing and developing successful brands.
In this portion of the brand launch, you will cover the following areas:
- Industry/category analysis
- Competitive analysis (positioning map)
Part 1 of the Individual Project should be 2.5–3 pages in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Part 2: The Strategy
The strategy will now become more apparent as you begin this section:
- Brand strategic plan (vision/objectives/strategies/tactics)
- Target customer segmentation analysis
- Customer insight (Primary research is required in this case because the brand is fictitious.)
- Brand essence/equity elements
Part 2 of the Individual Project should be 3–4 pages in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Your assignment should contain a cover page, an abstract page, and a reference page in addition to the body. The body of the paper should be 6–7 pages in length, starting with a brief 1-paragraph introduction and ending with a short conclusion. The entire submission will be 9–12 pages in length.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached TEMPLATE. Notice that the grading criteria components match up with the headings provided in the template. Do NOT change the font, page breaks or margins. Using the template without deleting the headings ensures that you cover each segment of the assignment.
MKT665 Unit 2 Individual Project
|Part 1: Industry/Category Analysis|
|Part 1: Competitive Analysis (Positioning Map)|
|Part 1 of the Individual Project should be 2 1/2 – 3 pages in length.|
|Part 2: Brand Strategic Plan (Vision/objectives/strategies/tactics)|
|Part 2: Target Customer Segmentation Analysis|
|Part 2: Customer Insight|
|Part 2: Brand Essence/Equity Elements|
|Part 2 of the Individual Project should be 3-4 pages in length.|
|Grade for Unit 2 Individual Project|
Grading will be based on Content, Application, Research, Mechanics (APA format, spelling grammar, punctuation) and Style – (Organization, readability, using your own words).Please see MKT665 Grading Rubric.