Project planning is arguably one of the most important aspects of the project management office (PMO). The purpose of this assignment is for you to understand and synthesize the application of project planning as a key function for enabling PMO success and business outcomes.
For this assignment, address the following items:
- Define project planning in context of the PMO.
- Describe the primary rationale for PMO project planning.
- Compare and contrast the project planning functions between Supportive and Controlling PMO types as described in the PMBOK Guide page 11.
- Summarize how the project planning enables PMO success.
Your responses to these items should meet the following requirements:
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages long. In addition, include a title page and reference page.