In Week One, you will choose a generic organization (manufacturing plant, hospital, etc.). Assume that you are a hired consultant for this organization. You have been asked by the president of the organization to prepare a background paper on the results of your research and to make recommendations to improve group productivity in the organization.
Your research has identified the following problems:
- Role conflicts within groups
- Communication problems among group members
- Lack of cohesiveness in groups with diverse members
- Excessive intergroup conflict
In an eight- to ten-page paper, include the following:
- Introduction – clear explanation of the type of organization
- Explanation of how each problem could impact a group’s productivity (use examples to illustrate points)
- Recommendations to resolve each problem
- Suggestions, based on your knowledge of group dynamics, for a company-wide training program on best practices for group productivity
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must use at least six scholarly sources.
- This what you did week one
- Discussion 1Group structure should get used as the primary building block for designing and organize jobs in all organization
In the context of an organization, the clutch arrangement can be used in developing and organizing jobs. Defining the responsibilities of an individual in line with task character, response, work independence as well as the availability of skills variety. Groups are vital in decision making although the size also determines the speed, validity and preciseness of the process as outlined by EduNote.info. Jobs conducted in groups seem to get most performed due to the division of labor and specialization of roles that occurs in groups.
To any team. Consolidating the departments in an organization according to the functions served by each According to EduNote.info, job characterization has its place in job designing. The employee preferences and job specifications in a group setting have a positive impact because if one employee is not fit for a certain job a member in the group can also substitute him in the job. Doing thorough and challengingworks where expertise from the different organization is useful, the grouping is important. It allows job rotation, enlargement and enrichment are thus important sector of the entire organization cannot work in a setting where group structuring is not setup. In addition to customer service, product groups also give an avenue for group structure in any organization where all resources and authority get put under one manager. Specialization of skills in the production process as well calls for the application of group structure as explained by EduNote.info
Discussion 2Team productivity can be guided and manipulated by the motivation of employees towards boosting the internal drive the employee. Through monetary and non-monetary incentives, the employee’s zeal to work gets improved. The employee works to meet the set targets so as to obtain the token tied to the performance said. Increasing group impact on productivity creates a greater pool towards the production process in return. It may get resulted by improving the working conditions as well as the working skills and machines. This argument counter attacks a post that got its discussion on the non-importance of motivating employees On the other increasing group thinking, cohesion and communication as well as evaluating the group size and stability contribute positively to team performance. Group thinking gives the cluster a sense of common identity because the thoughts are collective. Collectiveness provides a common objective also conflicts get minimized as well as suppressing opposing views hence maintaining the common purpose of the group. The contraction in this passage counteracts a post that was against the valuation of group size in performance reprisals. The degree of cohesiveness in any group leads to success or failure of meeting the needs of a group. Communication leads to the passage of messages from one department to another. The size of a group gives the diversity of resources available in the organization. The larger the group shows, the larger the pool of resources although the higher the group size indicates high chances of conflicts. Plowman, (2015).