Using 12-18 slides, create a PowerPoint presentation for parents of children with ID that explains physical, language, cognitive, and psychosocial development. Address the following:
1. Identify professional and parental interventions.
2. Provide information for students with severe and profound ID.
3. Identify the challenges the parents may face in daily life.
4. Identify and explain issues in teaching students with severe and profound ID.
5. Describe curriculum planning and IEP development for students with severe and profound ID.
6. What are the educational outcomes for students with severe and/or profound ID?
7. What educational interventions are most appropriate for students with severe and/or profound ID?
Predict and list questions for discussion that parents may have following the presentation.