Use the MS Project file from Part 3 and 4 to complete Part 5. Use Table A2.16 and complete the following steps. Save as a new MS Project file titled Conveyor Belt Project Part 5 and answer the questions below.
Table A2.16 (Fourth Quarter – January 1, 2011)
Start Finish Actual Remaining
Activity Date Date Duration Duration
Hardware specifications 2/9/10 4/12/10 45 0
Hardware design 4/13/10 7/16/10 67 0
Hardware documentation 7/19/10 8/24/10 27 0
Prototypes 11/11/10 34 44
Kernel specifications 2/8/10 3/12/10 25 0
Disk drivers 3/15/10 8/17/10 110 0
Serial I/O drivers 11/11/10 34 119
Memory management 3/15/10 7/30/10 98 0
Operating system documentation 3/15/10 4/16/10 25 0
Utilities specifications 3/8/10 3/29/10 16 0
Routine utilities 4/26/10 7/27/10 65 0
Complex utilities 3/30/10 8/11/10 95 0
Utilities documentation 5/3/10 6/2/10 22 0
Architectural decisions 1/4/10 2/5/10 25 0
Integration first phase 8/25/10 11/10/10 55 0
Follow the instructions given in the Overview and Video Tutorials to complete Part 5 (Do only the Fourth Quarter, January 1, 2011) and Part 6 of the Conveyor Belt Project in Appendix 2 of the text book. Submit your Word document for the assignment to the instructor through the Assignment tab.
1. Open the Conveyor Belt Project file for the homework from the last module (resource scheduling).
2. Save the file under a new name. So you can go back to the previous file if there is a problem afterwards.
3. Set baseline for the project.
4. Open a Word document for this week’s homework.
Part 5 (Do only the Fourth Quarter, January 1, 2011)
1. Set status and current date for the project to January 1, 2011.
2. Enter status information for the project in the Tracking table.
3. Produce and copy/ paste the Earned Value Report, Earned Value Cost Indicators Report, Earned Value Schedule Indicators Report and the Tracking Gantt Chart into the Word document.
4. Answer all the questions given in Part 5 for the fourth quarter only. Note: EACf is same as EAC and VACf is same as VAC.
Prepare a status report for the fourth quarter (January 1, 2011). This requires saving the resource schedule as a baseline and inserting the appropriate status report date in the program. Assume that no work has been completed on the day of the status report.
The status report should include a table containing the PV,EV, AC, BAC, EAC, SV, CV, and CPI for each activity and the whole project. The report should also address the following questions:
1. How is the project progressing in terms of cost and schedule?
2. What activities have gone well? What activities have not gone well?
3. What do the PCIB and PCIC indicate in terms of how much of the project has been accomplished to date?
4. What is the forecasted cost at completion (EACf)? What is the predicted VACf?
5. Report and interpret the TCPI for the project at this point in time?
6. What is the estimated date of completion?
7. How well is the project doing in terms of its priorities?
Include a Tracking Gantt chart with each report
The post Conveyor Belt Project Part 5 using MS Project appeared first on My Perfect Tutors.