A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson
Assignment: Critical Book Review
Format: APA 6th (American Psychological Association)
Length: 4-5 pages (Content)
Your assignment is to write Critical Book Reviews of A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson.
– You do not need to provide an Abstract or author’s note.
– The title page and reference page do not count as part of the 4-5 pages of content.
– You do need to provide a reference page even if your only reference is the assigned book itself.
– Do not use the online encyclopedia Wikipedia as a source.
– You must have a title page (Do not put pictures, charts, graphs, etc. on the title page. Simply follow APA 6th Edition format.
– Do not use an overabundance of quotes in your paper. I want to read your writing not another author’s but use 4 quotes from the book .
– Watch paragraph length. A paragraph shouldn’t go on for 2 pages or more.
– Do not overuse commas…if in doubt…leave it out.
Consider the following in writing your critical book review:
• What are the positive and negative aspects of the book?
• Does it cover the issue adequately?
• Does it cover a historical or contemporary view?
• What would you like to see added to the book or taken out?
• How well does the book add to your knowledge of our American system of politics?
• Would you recommend the book(s) to others? Why or Why not