Choose one of the following three policies related to health care reform that influences the economy:
- Individual Mandate
- Cost-Sharing Reduction Payments to Insurers
- Meaningful Use—Electronic Health Records (EHRs), HITECH Act)
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, not including the title and References page that analyzes the chosen policy. Include the following in your paper:
- Summarize how key elements of health care reform impact the economy on a macro level.
- Research the governmental policy process that was involved with the development, implementation, and assessment of the chosen policy. Explain how the governmental policy process affected the way the policy was developed, implemented, and assessed.
- Explain how the policy proposal you selected may impact three major stakeholders within the health care system (e.g., consumers, insurers, hospital systems).
Cite a minimum of five references to support your rationale.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MPA 4.5: Analyze how the governmental policy process informs the development, implementation, and assessment of policy within health care.
MBA 5.2: Analyze the role of government and national health care policies and programs and their impact on change within health care delivery systems