Analyze some events and
Analyze your chosen topics from the basis of our course content by beginning with an underlined thesis statement (purpose) in the first paragraph. Next, in each succeeding paragraph apply as many of the principles and theories from the textbook (ECONOMICS: Principles, Problems, and Policies, by Campbell McConnell, Brue, & Flynn; (McGraw-Hill/Irwin Publishers / 20th edition, 2015)) to your topic as possible. The final paragraph should reflect your conclusions.
1. Analyze an American (domestic) current event, firm, or market. (~ 2 pages);
2. Analyze a foreign (outside of the U.S.) current event, firm, or market. (~ 2 pages);
3. Analyze your favorite Case Study from the Modules Forum. (~ 2 pages);
4. Analyze another second Case Study from the Modules. (~ 2 pages);
5. Go to the website: www.pbs.org/commandingheights (Links to an external site.)and scroll to Storyline on your left. Select Episode II: “The Agony of Reform” for Chapter Summaries and watch the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPADFNKDhGM). Analyze the how, why, & what type of microeconomic theories were applied in South America, India, Poland, and Russia to help stimulate their markets and promote business. Apply as much material from our course as it relates to & helps explain these historical experiences. (~ 3 pages).
6. Describe specifically how your economic thinking has been affected by this course and how you can best make use of the central principles and theories which were studied. What is the main outcome from the course for you? (~ 1 page).