Auditing, Reporting, and Registry
Resources:Integrated Electronic Health Records: A Worktext for Greenway Medical Technologies’ PrimeSUITE® (2nd ed.) and PrimeSUITE®
At least a 150 word response
9. [LO 6.5] Explain fraud in terms of the healthcare profession.
15.[6.9] What is the difference between fraud and abuse?
6. [LOs 6.4, 6.5, 6.9] Anna Devlan is a healthcare professional. Recently she posted some patient claims; when performing the coding process, Anna could not find a code that exactly matched the diagnosis made by the care provider. So she found the closest match and coded that. Did Anna commit fraud and/or abuse? Explain your answer.
2. [LO 9.5] Why might a hospital need to periodically run an entire Master Patient Index?
7. [LO 9.4] If you needed to run a report of all the patients in your practice who were diagnosed with asthma, were African American, and were under the age of 15, what type of report would you be running? Explain your answer.
10. [LO 9.6] List three things a registry might be used for.
3. [LO 9.6] Why are registries kept in chronological order?
5. [LOs 9.2, 9.3, 9.4, 9.6] Imagine that the state you reside in recently passed a measure requiring that a report of all immunizations administered at your practice be submit- ted to the state office of public health. How would you go about fulfilling this request while maintaining patient confidentiality? How could your office use the data to improve patient care?
Use your own words and provide examples to support your answers.
Cite any outside sources. For additional information on how to properly cite your sources, check out the Reference and Citation Generator resource in the Center for Writing Excellence.