Business law: “Smartest Guys in the Room” Watch movie and answer following questions within 4hoursPlease watch the “Smartest Guys in the Room” and answer the following discussion questions. Must be no more than 1 page in length, single-spaced.
1 Must be on time
2 Good at Business law
3 Must be answer the following questions:
1. Who were some of the key enablers in facilitating Enron’s demise? Why?
2. Same question as #1, except which who were the enablers who were NOT Enron employees, executives or directors. Name at least three such “external” groups.
3. Was Bethany McLean, the reporter at Fortune, who criticized some of Enron’s accounting practices correct in highlighting such issues? Why or why not? Same question with regard to Sheri Watkins (the Enron employee)? If so, how come these issues weren’t raised earlier by others? How did Enron respond?
4. Who is Bill Lerach and what are shareholder lawsuits? Were any monies ultimately recovered arising out of any of these lawsuits for any of the shareholders?
5. What are “off balance sheet” transactions? What is “mark to market accounting” Why are these significant in the context of Enron?
6. Following Enron, what reforms were adopted to address the various abuses that occurred. Have these been effective?
7. Google it or do some additional research, but what happened to: a) Ken Lay; b) Jeff Skilling; c) Lou Pai; d) Sheri Watkins; and e) Bill Lerach.