Choose an editorial article from the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal. Browse the library and choose an editorial that addresses a business issue that interests you.
Prepare a PowerPoint Presentation that presents your analysis examining the critical thinking elements of the argument. Your presentation should address, at minimum, the following:
• Citation of the article and a brief summary of its contents
• What are the premise(s) in the article?
• What evidence is presented? Is it credible?
• Can you independently verify the evidence presented?
• How are counterarguments addressed?
• Does the writer represent a particular interest?
• How is language used to develop the argument?
• Do you detect any errors in knowledge, evidence, or thinking?
• Does the writer use any types of appeals or commit any fallacies?
• Overall, how compelling is this article?
Be certain to carefully research your analysis using credible sources with proper citations. Remember to include speaker notes. Think about your audience.