Those new Kareco employees assigned to the new line of electric wheelchairs have arrived for their first day of training! In cooperation with Operations and R&D, you have determined what needs to be done to train these new employees. ??
These are the topics you will need to address in training:?
1. History of the organization
2. Orientation to company policies
3. Kareco product line
4. Manufacturing plant safety protocols
5. Electric wheelchair parts
6. Wheelchair housing & primary wheel-base assembly
7. Design and troubleshooting of the wheelchair power-pack
8. Electric wheelchair functions & controls (for quality testing)
Now is the time to focus on training methodologies.
• For each topic, recommend what training
method(s) will be used. Elaborate on your reasoning.
• How will you utilize technology and audio-
visual aides to supplement training? Be specific.
Using an outline format for your response is permitted, but not required. You should expect to take 2-4 pages (double-spaced, 12-point font, not including any necessary reference pages). Be sure to respond to all parts of the assignment.
Use chapters 6 and 7 of
Blanchard, P. B., & Thacker, J. W. (2012) Effective training: Systems, strategies, and practices (5th ed.). NY: Prentice Hall. ISBN-10: 0132729040; ISBN-13: 978-0132729048