exercise not exacerbate asthma
please follow the instructions carefully . The assignment is to critique the research article.Quantitative Research Evaluation . Also i uploaded the research article the one we have to critique.
Listed below are criteria that you will use to critique your quantitative primary research article. Discuss how the investigator satisfied each criterion. Cite relevant passages in the articles, with
reference to page number if appropriate. Don’t merely respond “yes” or “no’ to the
presence or absence of each criterion—you must provide examples and rationale for
your response. You cannot use systematic review/meta-analysis article.
Introduction – 6 points
1. Is the purpose of the study presented? State it.
2. Is the significance (importance) of the problem discussed? What is it?
3. Does the investigator provide a sense of what he or she is doing and why?
Problem statement – 6 points
1. Is the problem statement clear? Why?
2. Does the investigator identify key research questions and variables to be examined? What is the research question and variables examined?
3. Does the study have the potential to help solve a problem that is currently faced in
clinical practice? Why ?
Literature review – 6 points
1. Does the literature review follow a logical sequence leading to a critical review of
supporting and conflicting prior work? Please state the flow of the article.
2. Is the relationship of the study to previous research clear? Give an example.
3. Does the investigator describe gaps in the literature and support the necessity of the
present study? What is the gap and how the author was able to address it ?
Theoretical framework and hypotheses – 6 points
1. Is a rationale stated for the theoretical/conceptual framework? If there is one, state it.
2. Does the investigator clearly state the theoretical basis for hypothesis formulation? If there is one, state it.
3. Is the hypothesis stated precisely and in a form that permits it to be tested? If there is one, state it.
Methodology – 10 points
1. Are the relevant variables and concepts clearly and operationally defined? If there is one, state it.
2. Is the design appropriate for the research questions or hypotheses? What is the design and why is it appropriate?
3. Are methods of data collection sufficiently described’? What is the research procedure?
Sample – 6 points
1. Are the subjects and sampling methods described? State it.
2. Is there adequate assurance that the rights of human subjects were protected? State it.
Instruments – 5 points
1. Are appropriate instruments for data collection used? What is it and why ?
2. Are reliability and validity of the measurement instruments adequate? What is it ?
Data analysis – 5 points
1. Are the statistical tests used identified and the values reported? What analysis ?
2. Are appropriate statistics used, according to level of measurement, sample size,
sampling method, and hypotheses/research questions? Describe.
Results – 6 points
1. Are the results for each hypothesis clearly and objectively presented? Describe the statistical significance and inference of the results.
2. Do the figures and tables illuminate the presentation of results’?
3. Are results described in light of the theoretical framework and supporting literature? Describe.
1. Are conclusions based on the results and related to the hypotheses’?
2. Are study limitations identified? What are they?
3. Are generalizations made within the scope of the findings?
4. Are implications of findings discussed (i.e., for practice, education, and research)? Explain.
5. Are recommendations for further research stated?
Research utilization implications – 15 points
1. Is the study of sufficient quality to meet the criterion of scientific merit’?
2. Is the study of relevance to practice?
3. Is the study feasible for nurses to implement?
4. Do the benefits of the study outweigh the risks?
Use of proper format (APA), grammar, spelling, and punctuation – 17 points
Student Paper General Requirements and Guidelines
1. All papers must be typewritten or printed on standard 81/2 x 11 inch white bond
paper. The type-face should be times roman or courier. Do not use bold or other
styles of type. Limit the use of italicized words.
2. All papers must have a title page that includes a page header, running head, title
and author’s name and affiliation.
3. All papers must have margins of at least 1 inch at the top, bottom, left, and right of
every page. Do not justify the right margin and do not hyphenate words at the end of
4. The entire paper must be double-spaced including the reference list.
5. The first line of every paragraph in the paper must be indented 5 spaces.
6. There must be only 1 space after commas, colons, semi-colons, punctuation marks
at the end of sentences, and periods after initials.
7. Headings may be used to organize the paper into sections.
8. The reference list must include only those references cited in the text of the paper.
9. All ideas that are not your own must be cited within the text of the paper and
referenced in the reference list. Failure to do so is PLAGIARISM.
11. Limit the use of direct quotes by paraphrasing ideas taken from references. These
paraphrases do need to include citation of the author(s).
12. The citation after direct quotes must include the page number of the reference that is