GB 590, Corporate Social Responsibility
Subject Code: GB590
Subject Name: Corporate Social Responsibility
Assessment Title: Assessment 1 – Literature Review
Total Marks: 100
Length: 2,000 words
In 2000 words, Summarise and analyse at least 6 scholarly sources on the topic of CSR and the Ecological Environment. The Literature Review should be based on scholarly articles written on the topic between 2008 and 2016. In your review you need to distinguish between different trends in the area of CSR and Ecology and discuss their strength and weaknesses, as well as the consideration of the application to organisations. The literature review should contain a short introduction (1 paragraph), the summary and analysis of the 6 articles (the body) and a conclusion (1 paragraph). The literature review has to be fully referenced in the Harvard Style (both in the text as well as with the reference list at the end of the assignment).
Find at least 6 different sources and ask yourself:
• Is it an empirical report, a theoretical study, a sociological or political account, a case study, a historical overview, etc? What is its theoretical basis?
• What definitions does it use?
• What kinds of data does it use to back up its argument?
• What conclusions does it come to?
Write the literature Review:
1. The introduction should include: 10 marks
• The scope of the topic (what does it include and exclude)?
• The basis for your selection of the literature (why did you choose the 6 particular sources)
2. The body of the literature review should discuss: 50 marks
• Current approaches to the topic of CSR in ecological environment or Community and CSR
• Definitions in use
• Current discoveries about the topic
• Principal questions that are being asked
• General conclusions that are being drawn
• Application to organisations
3. The conclusion should include: 20 marks
• A summary of major agreements and disagreements in the literature
• A summary of general conclusions that are being drawn.
• A summary of the application to organisations.
4. Presentation and Referencing: 20 marks
• Neat report with clear sub-headings and appropriate use of Harvard Referencing.
Content Demonstrates deep knowledge and understanding of the prevalent themes of the importance of ecological initiative in CSR.
Through, logical and insightful assessment of the theoretical approaches taken.
Through, logical and insightful assessment of methodologies used in the articles.
Strong evidence of integration of relevant and wider research
Introduction Excellent understanding of the scope of the discussion.
Excellent delineation of the structure of the review.
Conclusion Excellent reinstatement of main points and understanding of the merit of the topics discussed.
Referencing Accurate referencing according to Harvard style.