inorganic chemistry

The papers should each be a summary in your own
words of a recent (in calendar year 2015 or 2016) publication in the ACS journal Inorganic Chemistry (available on-line at Roosevelt campus computers, see: Other journals, both ACS and non-ACS, respectively such as J. Am. Chem. Soc. or Science, may be used provided the article is on an authentically inorganic chemistry related topic.

Your selection of article must be approved by the instructor to ensure this point and that the appropriate subject area is covered, divided into two in either of two ways as follows: One paper must be on an article describing research on main-group (s or p block) chemistry and the other paper must be on an article describing research on transition metal (d or f block) chemistry. An alternative division is that one paper must be on solid-state (materials) chemistry (i.e., extended structures), featuring any non-hydrocarbon (i.e., not “organic”) materials, such as oxides, etc., and the other paper must be on discrete molecules: coordination chemistry (including organometallics) or biological inorganic chemistry (e.g., studies on metalloproteins or model compounds). You need not understand everything in the article, but explain the researchers’ goals, methods, conclusions, and how the paper enhanced your understanding of inorganic chemistry and was related to the material in the course. Note that the articles must be original (primary) research (Articles or Communications); review type articles (secondary research), which go by various names, including Accounts, Forums, Perspectives, etc., are not appropriate.

"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"