Please note that you do not have to use other resources unless it is necessary
Never use a long quote
All the essays must be with introduction including clear thesis, 3 bodies and conclusion.
All essays must be between 700 -800 words. (If one essay need to be longer it is ok)
Do not forget to give a title for each essay (Topic) .
(The novels I read in this course were:
Please select 3 prompt among the following, and write a grammatically-correct persuasive argument in response.
1. Compare If He Hollers Let Him Go and Devil in a Blue Dress as the novels relate to masquerade and met violence. Be sure to assert your definition of masquerade and met violence.
2. Patricia Waugh writes, “To enter the imaginary places of ction is to immerse ourselves in a world, but reading novel also invovkles recognizing that world’s existence as a complex structure of words. Novels are prime locations for the exploration of plural existences, for playing with the boundaries of the real, the delusory, and the fantastic.” Compare two novels that you believe offer compelling evidence of the writers’ construction of “plural existences,” and play “with the boundaries of the real, the delusory, and the fantastic.”
3. Analyze Clotel and one other novel we have read as contributions to the literary campaign against oppression. Be sure to identify the anti-oppression themes, arguments, and tactics the books embrace, and to assert how effective the novels are in propagating liberation.
4. The subtitle of Hopkins’ novel Of One Blood is Or, the Hidden Self. Compare Of One Blood and Devil in a Blue Dress regarding the matter of what is hidden and what is revealed. Be sure to stay close to the texts by relating your discussion to how the novels, their setting, their characters, plots, and relationships are constructed.
5. The poet Michael Harper writes, say nightmare, say it loud pane breaking heart madness: nightmare begins responsibility. Explore the meaning of nightmare and responsibility in two novels examined in this course.
6. In her poem, “Nikki-Rosa,” Nikki Giovanni writes Black love is Black wealth and they’ll probably talk about my hard childhood and never understand that all the while I was quite happy Explore the concept of happiness amidst hardship in two novels we have read in the course. Examine Sport of the Gods and If He Hollers as naturalist novels. (This question was answered by you and the essay was not strong enough I got B-, I may send it to you again with the comments if you need)
How does Brangan’s the cinematic version depart from the novel? Are these departures justified? (The text and movie used in this course was: Frankenstein) you did answer this question but it was long and including a resource, you can summaries it and edit the quote as well.
. Write a critique of feminism. What has literary studies gained from feminist theorists? What, if anything, has been lost? What are the weaknesses or even dangers (if any) of feminism? What are its strengths (if any)? You may use Frankenstein as an example since we studied it in that course. This essay was written by you but it is not answering all the points in this question, yet it might help you. ?