Note: Citation must be correct. Please make up the interview. My background is I am a African American woman, military veteran so you can incorporate that into the paper. This paper is worth a lot of points so I need a well written paper.
EPAS 2.1.5 Advance human rights and social and economic justice (pb a,b, and c)
EPAS 2.1.7 Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment (pb a, b)
Identify an individual who was born between the years; they must be at least 15 years older than the student and from a different era: (For example)
1914-1929: WWI I and Roaring 20’s Generation,
1930-1945: Post-Depression Generation
1946-1955: WW II and Korean War Generation
1956-1972: Cold War, Civil Rights and Vietnam era
1973-1979: “Disco” and “Urban Cowboy” era
1980-1990: Desert Storm and Reganomics era
1. Interview an individual concerning her/his personal experiences with the shift in socio-political culture and trends. This can include such items as WWII, the Korean conflict, the Vietnam War, the Civil Rights Movement, the Women’s Movement and social problem shifts. The idea is to gain information about the individual’s life experiences and to understand how those experiences influence his/her perception of the world.
Sample questions might include:
What are your earliest memories of the world around you? What was happening?
Which important family events affected you as you grew up?
Which important societal events affected you as you grew up (e.g. Pearl Harbor, JFK)?
Did racial or ethnic discrimination affect your life?
What trends have changed over your lifetime?
How have social problems changed in your lifetime?
What are the important things you would tell future generations?
What lessons do you think we need to learn from the past?
2. Identify a social work conceptual framework that could be applied to this individual’s life history.
3. How did their environment shape them as an individual? How did their changing environment through time shape them as an individual?
4. Identify in what ways the individual may have experienced oppression? In what ways has the individual experienced discrimination?
5. What social work advocacy in regards to human rights and social and economic justice have occurred during this individual’s life? (Identify at least three)
6. What social work practice trends advanced social and economic justice during this individual’s life? (Identify at least two)
7. Write an 8-10 page paper based upon the interview and the related assignment questions. Please note that title page and references page do not count in page length requirement. The paper must be written so that the individual’s life and social events are intertwined and her/his personal story emerges. The conclusion of your paper should discuss how you think these events impacted the individual’s life. (Note, the interviewee may not recognize the impact on her/his life)