For this assignment, you will be constructing an Annotated Bibliography of possible research sources. An Annotated Bibliography is a formal research log. In your Annotated Bibliography you will be compiling both a list and an evaluation of possible sources. Rather than just creating bibliographic entries for a References page, you will be summarizing, evaluating, and reflecting on the value and utility of your potential sources. The purpose of the Annotated Bibliography is to help you keep track of, understand, and evaluate your research materials.
1. You must annotate 7 different sources that pertain to your topic.
2. At least three different source types (peer-reviewed journal, magazine, government website, book, etc.)
3. Each paragraph of annotation should consist of at least five sentences.
Each source should be accompanied by an APA citation. Just like on a References page, sources should be alphabetized according to the author’s last name or the first word of the citation.
At least three paragraphs of annotation should follow the citation. You must include one paragraph for each of the following:
1. Source Summary (Identify the overall thesis and key points. What is this source saying? Does this source contain any special elements (images, graphs, etc.?) Make sure you name the author and title of the work in the first sentence of your summary.)
2. Source Evaluation (Is this a credible source? Why or why not? How do you know?)
3. Source Reflection (How does this source compare to your other sources? What questions does this source evoke? How might you use the source in your Argument paper?)
Your Annotated Bibliography must include an APA title page and header. It should be typed in Times New Roman 12 font, and the entire document should be double-spaced.