All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way.
Presentation is at least 12 slides long
examples of contemporary American sculpture on the Internet that are not included in the text but by artists mentioned in your textbook. Include examples of each of the following: Art Deco, Social Realism, Modernism, Surrealism, direct carving, Abstract Expressionism, found objects, Pop Art, Minimalism, and Process Art.
Prepare a 12-15 Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you address the following:
• Provide some of the defining characteristics of each sculpture movement and how each piece reflects those defining characteristics
• Compare and contrast how this piece differs or is the same to the pieces by the same artist shown in the book.
• How the different sculpture movements, illustrated by the selected images of the sculpture pieces, reflect the development of sculpture in the 20th century
• The materials used in your selected pieces and why different movements used different materials
• How the culture of the 20th century influenced the styles of sculpture
Present your Sculpture in the 20th Century Presentation.
• For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines and include a slide with all references.
• Please make sure to include the sculptor, title of the piece and date of the piece.
Please order your presentation in chronological order by sculpture movementIntroduces the speech & why audience should be interested in understanding it (at least 1 slide)
Examples of contemporary American sculpture on the Internet that are not included in the text
Include examples of the following: