Process of Care Paper
1) Access the Hospital Compare website (www.Hospitalcompare.hhs.gov), enter the zip code “02832,” and select a local hospital. [Select & Use: South County Hospital (100 KENYON AVE WAKEFIELD, RI 02879)]. Look at the hospital’s publically reported indicators for Process of Care.
2) Write a paper of 825 – 1,200 words that analyzes how the selected hospital performs on these indicators versus two of its competitors. [Select & Use: Westerly Hospital (25 WELLS STREET WESTERLY, RI 02891), and Kent County Memorial Hospital (455 TOLL GATE RD WARWICK, RI 02886) as the two competitors]. Include your thoughts on the pros and cons of publically reporting these data sets.
3) Refer to the website and incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
40.0 %Access the Hospital Compare Web site (www.Hospitalcompare.hhs.gov) and select a local hospital. Look at the hospitals publically reported indicators for Process of Care. Write a paper that analyzes how the hospital performs on these indicators versus two of its competitors. Include your thoughts on the pros and cons of publically reporting these data sets. (Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the process of evaluating hospital quality data against competitors and the issues of public reporting. Clearly develops a strong analysis of the pros and cons. Introduces appropriate examples.)
30.0 %Integrates information from outside resources into the body of paper. (Supports main points with references, examples, and full explanations of how they apply. Thoughtfully analyzes, evaluates and describes major points of the criteria.)
7.0 %Assignment Development and Purpose (Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.)
8.0 %Argument Logic and Construction (Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.)
5.0 %Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) (Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.)
5.0 % Paper Format (Use of appropriate style for the major and assignment) (All format elements are correct.)
5.0 %Research Citations (In-text citations for paraphrasing and direct quotes, and reference page listing and formatting, as appropriate to assignment and style) (In-text citations and a reference page are complete and correct. The documentation of cited sources is free of error.)