public corporations in an industry
Choose two (2) public corporations in an industry with which you are familiar – one (1) that has acquired
another company and operates internationally and one (1) that does not have a history of mergers and
acquisitions and operates solely within the U.S. Research each company on its own Website, the public
filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml),
in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often
provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write a six (6) page paper in which you:
1. For the corporation that has acquired another company, merged with another company, or been
acquired by another company, evaluate the strategy that led to the merger or acquisition to
determine whether or not this merger or acquisition was a wise choice. Justify your opinion.
2. For the corporation that has not been involved in any mergers or acquisitions, identify one (1)
company that would be a profitable candidate for the corporation to acquire or merge with and
explain why this company would be a profitable target.
3. For the corporation that operates internationally, briefly evaluate its international business-level
strategy and international corporate-level strategy and make recommendations for improvement.
4. For the corporation that does not operate internationally, propose one business-level strategy and
one corporate-level strategy that you would suggest the corporation consider. Justify your
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.