Assignment :Create a meaningful PurposeStatement.
People who understand their purpose are more likely to gain the full value of their education. Purpose serves as both an anchor and an inspiration as you take on the challenge of real learning. Your purpose is something that is unique to you. It draws on the passions, strengths, and relationships that energize you. Purpose is what drives you to contribute to something greater than yourself, to make a difference in the lives of others. Do make the most of this current moment to stop and reflect on what is truly important: Effective educators continuously reflect on their professional actions and consequences to identify growth areas and professional development strategies designed to improve performance. you will explore resources and readings relevant to self-reflection, professional goals, and career aspirations.
Development of this action plan will be an ongoing process that will push you to self-reflect throughout your program.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• The paper should be 4–6 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
• Double-space and use 12-point, Times New Roman font.
• Include a title page with the following title: Purpose, Reflective Practice, and Career Goals. Model your title page after the Writing Center’s example (see APA Guide: The Title Page, in the Resources).
• Follow current APA style and formatting for in-text citations.
• Set proper margin justifications: Left aligned text, 1-inch margins top, bottom, left, and right.
• Paginate your paper properly (in the header at the right page margin).
• Incorporate appropriate headings and subheadings.
• Note the APA Manual 6th edition (2010) instruction for the running head: Per section 8.03, “Use the automatic functions of your word-processing program to generate headers and page numbers for your file. (Do not type these manuscript page headers repeatedly in your word processing file)” (p. 230). “The running head is an abbreviated title that is printed at the top of the pages . . . should be a maximum of 50 characters, counting letters, punctuation, and spaces between words. It should appear flush left in all uppercase letters at the top of the title page and all subsequent pages” (p. 229).
PURPOSE, REFLECTIVE PRACTICE, AND CAREER GOALS
1. Describes career goals and evaluates their alignment with program or specialization outcomes, and identifies the criteria used to judge alignment.
2. Articulates professional strengths and opportunities for growth, and articulates how professional strengths were identified
3. Describes the importance of continuous education, and describes a plan for achieving it.
4. Identifies organizations, resources, and activities that can be used for professional development and strengthening skills, and describes a plan for connecting with those organizations and resources
5. Describes how Career Center resources can aid in professional development, and identifies criteria for evaluating those resources.
6. Examines the value of identifying a professional purpose, and provides examples of situations in which it may be of particular value.
7. Communicates in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the education professions. Includes concise and effective summative comments.
• Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
• 2+2 Feedback Guidelines.
• Critical Thinking Model 1: Elements and Standards.
• SOE Doctoral Community Resources.
• Orientation Toolkit.