Topic: Teaching LD students discussion questions
Answer each question with a minimum of three paragraphs.
1. What are the implications of behavioral psychology for students with learning disabilities?
2. Discuss how social interactions involved in learning affect students with LD
3. Explain why students with learning disabilities often have trouble in spelling
4. Discuss how characteristics of learning disabilities affect the writing of students in written expression, spelling and handwriting.
5. Observe a young child or a class of young children. Pay particular attention to the language used by an individual child or the interactions among a group of children. Report your observations.
Geffen, L. (2014). A brief history of medical education and training in Australia. The medical journal of Australia ,2014,Vol.201(1 Suppl),p.S19-S22
Grealish, L. & Smale, L.A. (2011). Theory before practice: Implicit assumptions about clinical nursing education in Australia as revealed through a shared critical reflection. Contemporary Nurse, 39 (1), 51-64.
Mooney, M. & Nolan, L. (2006). A critique of Freire’s perspective on critical social theory in nursing education. Nurse Education Today, 26 (3), 240-244.
Lapkin, s., Levett-Jones, T., Gilligan, C. (2013) A systematic review of the effectiveness of interprofessional education in health professional programs. Nurse Education in Practice, (33), 90 – 102.
Kay, D., Kibble, J. (2015). Learning theories 101: application to everyday teaching and scholarship. Adv Physiol Educ, 40, 17 – 25
Bastable, S. (2011). Behavioral objectives. In S. B. Bastable et.al. Health Professional as educator: Principles of teaching and learning. Chapter 10. Boston: Jones & Bartlett..
Graffam, B. (2007). Active learning in medical education: Strategies for beginning implementation. Medical Teacher, 29, 38 – 42
George, D., Dreibelbis, T., Aumiller, B (2013) How we used two social media tools to enhance aspects of active learning during lectures. Medical Teacher, 35(2), 985 – 988
Rudland, J.R. (2005). Learning in small groups. In J.A. Dent & R.M. Harden (eds.) A Practical Guide for Medical Teachers (pp.57-65). London: Elsevier.
Longo, A., Tierney, C. (2012). Presentation Skills for the Nurse Educator. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 28 (1), 16 – 23