My group represents senior-level management in a large consumer electronics manufacturing company headquartered in the USA.
The company has decided to establish a manufacturing facility in Mexico.
Executive summary – about 2 pages, outlining the main findings of the report, including analysis and recommendations. This is NOT included in the word limit.
BODY OF THE REPORT:
1) Provide a cultural profile of both the country where the company is headquartered (USA) as well as the country where it will start manufacturing operations (MEXICO) using concepts of International Management. This part, around 300 words, should help understand what local workers are like.
2) Describe the environment (business, social, legal, political, demographic, etc.) and critical operational factors in the country where we are going to establish a manufacturing plant (MEXICO) and explain how these might affect your company. This part should be around 300 words.
3) Explain the rationale for the staffing policy (e.g. ethnocentric, polycentric, global) you will use for top-level, medium level, lower level managers, and other positions.
4) Explain the kinds of leadership, decision-making, and motivational systems you think will be most effective in the host country which is MEXICO.
For part 4 I will upload 2 PowerPoints that includes the types of leadership, decision-making, and motivational systems that might help.Named Topic 10 and Topic 9.
5) Discuss the kinds of communication problems expatriate managers may face in the host country’s (MEXICO) working environment. How should they prepare and deal with them?
For part 5 I will also upload a power point that has information to help. Powerpoint named “topic 11 HR selection”
6) Discuss issues of ethics and social responsibility expatriate managers may face in the host country (MEXICO) and how they should deal with them. I will also include a power point for part 6 that might help too. Powerpoint named “topic 11 HR selection”
• Appendices – attach any appendices that may enhance and support your analysis (not included in the word limit).
• Parts 3-6 should be around 2,500 words.
You are expected to use a minimum of five (5) sources in writing the project. All sources must be dated after 2009.