I. Research Paper Instructions:
1) Your goal for this paper is to formulate a research question and answer it by combining your own analysis of the subject with information from reliable sources. Your research question may be on any debatable topic. I encourage you to ask inquiry-based questions that have no one correct answer. Past students have asked questions like:
a. How do fashion brands use psychology in their advertising?
b. Are there differences between children raised by same-sex and different-sex couples?
c. Should certain works of literature be censored or banned in schools?
d. Are electronic cigarettes healthier than traditional cigarettes?
e. What is “cuteness,” and why do we see some humans and animals as cute?
2) You will use at least five secondary sources. These sources must be from the library, the library database, or a reputable website. Your paper must include an MLA-style Works Cited page and in-text citations.
3) This paper should be 5-8 pages (12 pt. font, double spaced).
4) See me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your topic.
5) The research paper is 35% of your course grade.