BOOK NEEDED FOR ARTICLE REVIEW FORGIVENESS AND RECONCILIATION BOOK
For your first Article Review, you may choose either Article 3 or Article 4 from the Helmick & Petersen text.
Include an overview of the problem area discussed in the article.
- Summarize any theories or conclusions reached by the author.
- Briefly provide your own assessment of the article, evaluating its strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain how the article relates contributes towards the field of conflict management.
Each Article Review should be no more than two pages (double-spaced) in a Word document and adhere to MLA style. Before you begin your Article Review, make sure you check the Assignments folder in Modules/Weeks 2, 4, 6, and 8 to see which article you should be reading. Your Article Reviews are due, respectively, by the end of each of these aforementioned Modules/Weeks
BOOK NEEDED FOR JOURNAL REVIEW
MANAGING CONFLICT THROUGH COMMUNICATION 5TH EDITION
DUDLEY D CAHN
JOURNAL REVIEW 1-9
Journal Activity 1
In the table below, the left-hand column contains sets of communication expressions that indicate conflict from a particular metaphorical position. In the column on the right, follow the italics example in set 1 by filling in the blanks underneath “Metaphor for Conflict.” Be sure to identify:
1) Where the scene of the conflict is.
2) Who the participants are.
3) Who must win the battle and by what method.
4) What is the outcome/purpose of the conflict?
Journal Activity 2
Choose ONE of the following:
- Cahn & Abigail 1 Think about it. p. 25, #,3,4,5, (Your essay should be about 1 page in length.)
- Borisoff & Victor, p. 30: Suggested Activities A
- Borisoff & Victor, p. 30: Suggested Activities B
- Borisoff & Victor, p. 31: Suggested Activities C
Journal Activity 3
- Cahn & Abigail 2 Discuss it. #2 p. 52. Please write out answer. No discussion group.
Journal Activity 4
- Cahn & Abigail 3 p. 74 Work With It. #1
Journal Activity 5
- Cahn & Abigail 4 Apply it p. 102 #4
Journal Activity 6
- Cahn & Abigail 4 Apply it p. 102 #5
Journal Activity 7
- Cahn & Abigail 4 -Apply It – p. 102 #6 Journal Activity 8
- Cahn & Abigail 5 Work with it #1 p. 130 #1-5 answer all questions after case study.
Journal Activity 9
- Sande, chs. 4 and 5: Reflection paragraph
- Reconcile Sande’s approach to “rights” and “I” statements on p. 92 and 102–109 with Cahn & Abigail’s list of rights on p. 83. Are these two approaches compatible with each other? Write no more than a ½ page.