The purpose of this assignment is to provide justification of a capital purchase using decision-making skills, research, and data.
You are responsible for finding replacement capital pieces for the radiology department. You have just been notified that the MRI scanner machines are obsolete and need to be replaced. Compare and contrast different vendors and ROI using the “Vendor Information Sheet” resource.
- Before analyzing the “Vendor Information Sheet,” what essential “items” should you consider before purchasing an item?
- Using the “Vendor Information Sheet,” determine what a reasonable ROI is?
- What are the minimum quality standards? Is there additional training required to operate the equipment?
- Choose the vendor that fits the need of the hospital and has the best ROI. Justify your chosen capital purchase.
After comparing vendors, write a 250-500 word justification for the capital purchase to your vice president. Address the following:
- Why would this be a good investment for the hospital?
- What are the operating costs you took into consideration? Explain.
- What facility considerations are involved regarding this new piece of equipment? Explain.
- What is a reasonable ROI? What are the minimum quality standards?
- What training options would need to occur?
- Cite a minimum of three references to support your rationale.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.