1st week of questions to answer
Sarbanes-Oxley prohibits professional service firms from performing services for audit client in which the auditors may find themselves making management decisions or auditing their own firm’s work. Which services are professional service firms prevented from providing to an audit client?
- Define professional skepticism and explain its key characteristics.
- What does it mean that an auditor should be independent?
- What can an auditor do to ensure that are both independent in fact and independent in appearance
- How does maintaining one’s independence differ from being objective?
- What is the difference between statistical sampling versus nonstatistical sampling?
- When would statistical sampling be appropriate versus when nonstatistical sampling might be a better methodology?
ANSWER EACH QUESTION IN 200 OR MORE WORDS.
USE CITATIONS AND REFERENCES
USE APA GUIDELINES