Your task is to interview an individual of your choice involved in the criminal justice system: a police officer, attorney, judge, probation officer, researcher, current or former inmate, etc. (Note: Military personnel have the option of interviewing an equivalent person in the military.) Should your “expert” not be listed here, contact your instructor.
1) Provide the purpose of the paper and background information on the selected person.
2) Record the person’s views on the criminal justice system—whether the criminal justice system works, in what ways it doesn’t work, and the future of the criminal justice system.
3) Write the paper in a narrative format, detailing what you learned as the result of speaking with this person. Do not submit a “question-answer” paper.
4) Compare and contrast what your expert practitioner had to say with relevant instructional material from this course. Additionally, include one outside source that either supports or challenges what your expert practitioner said.
5) When using the instructional material or other sources, properly document and reference them, and cite all web sources. You must include the name your practitioner.
Format Requirements for all Experiential Project reports
· Paper should be a minimum of 1,500 words or about six pages
· Double space
· 12 pt. font
· 1” margins
· Use APA citations for all sources
· Include reference page (not included in word count)
· Create a cover page for your assignment (not included in word count)
· Include your name
· Course title and number
· Project title
· Topic selected
· Date of submission