My key term is Gold Standard.
The 3 articles to review are:
Discussion Board Instructions
- In Weeks 1, 3, 5, & 7 – To begin your thread for a particular module, open the Key Terms document posted within each module, and select one of the key terms that interests you.
- Declare your topic to the class by posting a new thread in the related DB forum and titling it with the key term you selected. This reserves your topic so that other students cannot use it. Each student must cover a different key term; no duplication of articles or key terms is allowed.
- Conduct an Internet search to find and read at least 3 recent articles that relate to the key term you selected. Articles may be found in the International section of any reputable website that focuses on international business, such as Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, or the Economist. Another good source of information is EBSCOhost, accessible through Liberty’s online library. Websites like about.com, britanica.com, Wikipedia etc. do not constitute scholarly academic articles and references.
- 4. Of the 3 articles you’ve read, select the article that you wish to discuss, and write a review of it. In addition, you must post all 3 (or more) recent articles to the reference section—even though you review only one of them. You may provide additional references, but references do not replace 3 articles that relate to your key term. Actually reference the article you review within the article review. Your review must include the following sections (each section must be structured by a heading for each section):
- Paste your review and add the Word document into a new thread or as a reply to the one you created to reserve the key term you chose. Click “Submit” to publish your review for the class.
- In Weeks 2,4,6, & 8 – Post a substantive reply to the thread of at least two classmates. A substantive reply includes at least 100 words analyzing the initial thread as well as adding to the research and concepts put forth in that thread. The goal is to create meaningful discussion. To simply restate the idea already put forth or to concur with the first reply is not adding substantial discussion. That is why it is good to do additional outside research.
- Make sure to copy and paste the discussion board and DB responses within the dialogue box within the discussion board thread and attach the DB and DB responses as a word attachment to the thread for each assignment.
- A definition of the key term: this does not count in the 200 word minimum requirement.
- A summary, in your own words, of the selected article.
- A discussion, in your own words, of how the article relates to the selected chapter and key term.
- The complete citation, in APA format, of each of the 3 articles read and any other additional references; these do not count in the 500-word requirement.
- All references must be annotated.
Discussion criteria for this assignment are fulfilled when you have posted one thread (concerning your key term) and two replies (one each to two classmates’ threads). Make sure to provide scholarly and educational material and work that is engaging and substantive. Simply meeting the minimum requirements earns one only the minimum grade.
Late work: Postings submitted after the due date/time receive 0 credit. Again, the requirements put forth are minimums that are to be met. Just like anything, meeting bare minimums earns minimum grades. If you have any questions, please email your instructor.
I am looking for scholarly and informative posts that are engaging and substantive. Simply meeting the minimum requirements earns one only the minimum grade. In addition, I would like to see discussion boards that academically review and address the key term that is being studied. Make sure to break the post distinctly into the four separate parts: Definition, Summary, Discussion and References.
Make sure you actually review one of the articles.
Do not simply give definitions straight out of the textbook.
Correct grammar and syntax is a must; APA needs to be followed with regard to sentence structure, grammar, references, in-text citations and especially quotations.
The references of the three researched articles for your initial thread should be annotated.
Your posts should always emphasize the international business aspect of the topic. This is what this course is about.
My key term is Foreign Trade Zones.
The 3 articles to review are: