Within the Discussion Board area, write 200–400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Choose a developing country, and discuss its economic growth in the last 2–3 years. Include the following information:
- Identify its growth in output per capita and in population growth.
- Is it an open or closed economy?
- Identify its comparative advantage and whether it is involved in trade.
- Identify the country’s type of economy—how its economy is a market, command, or mixed economy.
- Is the country’s foreign exchange overvalued or undervalued? Has the central bank intervened in the foreign exchange market on behalf of the country’s currency valuation?
- Using the information you gathered, discuss whether you believe the country is on a good course of economic growth and whether the macroeconomic policies are helping achieve this growth.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?