Imagine that you are a nutritionist, and responsible for educating your customers on the importance of eating healthy. You notice many of your customers have been following a low-carb diet when they want to lose weight. You are concerned about their health and would like to provide them with more information on how their bodies use carbohydrates.
Create a 2-4 page pamphlet explaining carbohydrates to your customers. Include the following information:
- Define carbohydrates
- Describe what is basic function of sugars and starches in the body
- Describe the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates and give examples of each
- Describe how the body breaks down sugars and uses it for bodily function.
- Discuss the benefits that carbohydrates provide to the body.
- Provide examples of foods that are considered healthy sources of carbohydrates.
- What are some unhealthy sources of carbohydrates
Include information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia. Address the following:
- Define the disorder.
- Explain how the disorder affects the body.
- Provide some courses of action used to treat and manage the disorder.
- Use appropriate pictures or clip art in your brochure.
Submit the brochure to your instructor.