STUDENTS ARE TO COMPLETE A TYPED AS WELL DOUBLE SPACED BOOK APPRAISAL ABOUT THE BOOK THAT THEY SUGGEST IT TO PROF W. SEAY AS WELL AS TO THE CLASS AS LONG AS THE PROFESSOR HAS APPROVED IT.
***DO NOT SUMMARISE THE BOOK. RATHER, ILLUSTRATEAND ANALYSE FIVE MAIN ARGUMENTS OR POINTS OFSIGNIFIGANCE THE AUTHOR MAKES AND WHY YOU THE READERAGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THEM***
*** You have to compare and contrast at lest 5 significant points the author of you main book made with the other two books authors***
***Don’t forget to compare and contrast two other books with the first book you chose to write about in your book appraisal ***
***NOTE THAT ALL DATA SHOULD BE FOOTENOTED ***
This is the main book:
The Globalisation of Inequality
by Francois Bourguignon
And these are the other two books that you need to use to compare and contrast with the main book:
Inequality and Instability and The End of Normal
by James K. Galbraith
Global Community: The Role of International Organisations in the Makingof the Contemporary World
by Akira Iriye
Instructions from my class notes:
1) For your appraisal you must compare and contrast your main book with other two books that you choose before. If we choose the book from the syllabus then compare and contrast with two outside books. In each paragraph of the 8-10 pages of the book appraisal you need to add your compare and contrast from other authors then close with your own analysis.
2) Introduction paragraph: Maximum 3 sentence of thesis statement. In those 3 sent. Use the 5 points you’re going to analyze. Illustrate 5 points the author made and give background information. Frist sentence give 2 points then 3 points and in the final sent. Give the last points you want to illustrate in the thesis.
3) Avoid I believe or I.
4) Each paragraph should be photographic you feel the author has made significance, analysis at the end. When we write the analysis data needs to be compare and contrast. When we are writing our compare and contrast the basic requirement is compare with what that your author has said with the two other authors.
I will attach the following:
– Book Appraisal Proposal (here you will find the books I suggested to the prof. and got approved)
– The format
• All reports will use Times New Roman font, 12 pitch and double line spacing.