Assignment 2: Midweek Production Assignment: EU Toy Regulation Memorandum
Your client is a large U.S. toy company with an interest in expanding into European Union (EU) countries. The company’s Sales and Marketing Director has requested advice about the sale of toys in EU countries. Specifically, she would like the answers to the following questions:
- Are there any standards or technical regulations in effect in the EU that govern the sale of toys?
- What are some of the design and manufacturing standards for toys covered by the regulations, and what is the standard for safety?
- Do the toys have to be tested in advance for compliance with safety regulations?
- What are the toy labeling requirements?
- Is there a certain label or mark that will inform consumers that the toy has been tested for safety?
Provide your answers to these questions in an internal memorandum to your attorney.
On a separate page, cite all sources according to Bluebook format.