needed in 2 hrs!!!!!!
You r writing a letter of references as the International Student Service & Activity Planner of my school.
Master of Arts in Intercultural and International Communication
This program is designed for students who want to pursue their careers in intercultural or international communication, and is delivered by faculty with expert real-world experience who provide a solid understanding of both the fundamentals and advanced concepts related to intercultural communication and international issues.
The MA in Intercultural and International Communication program will give graduates the skills necessary to communicate effectively in complex circumstances making use of diverse media and communication genres, and engaging different audiences across multiple cultural settings.
Graduates will be familiar with non-governmental, civic, and business organizations and will have an understanding of how the making and shaping of meaning is fundamental to the reproduction of culture.
Course themes include; Intercultural and international communication, intercultural competence, organizational communication and culture, public culture, global politics, international relations and research methods in social sciences.
Students can opt to take this program on-campus in Victoria, BC over 18-months or through our blended model incorporating on-campus residencies and online learning over two-years.
Who It’s For
Individuals who have an arts or science undergraduate degree and who want to pursue or advance a career in professional communication in the intercultural or international sphere. Through our Flexible Admission process, significant professional experience in lieu of academic requirements is also considered. Please visit the program admission page for more information.
The MA in Intercultural and International Communication prepares individuals for work in international or multicultural governmental or non-governmental organizations; international journalism and documentary-reporting; in multi-ethnic and multicultural communities; in international media; in intercultural conflict management; in international communication enterprises; in social marketing and development aid; in international relations; in community activism; in the field of sustainable international and intercultural development; in cultural interpretation and mediation; and for further studies in any of these fields.
Graduates will gain:
- Knowledge of both the fundamental and advanced concepts related to intercultural and international communication and an ability to communicate successfully through multiple modes (e.g. through written and oral discourse, visual language, multimodal media) across culturally diverse settings.
- The ability to use creatively computer-mediated technology to manage the processes required for the production and reproduction of culture.
- Knowledge of traditional and new media and their operation across diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of government, non-government, civic, and business organizations and an understanding of how meaning-making is fundamental to the operation of these.
- An understanding of the social forces shaping the globalization of the world, combined with a practical understanding of how processes such as transnationalism, travel and tourism, global commerce, migration, diaspora, refugee movement, global identity politics, information flows, postcolonial governmental relations, and much more, shape communities worldwide.
- An understanding of the cultural dynamics underpinning the formation of local, regional and national communities with regard to issues such as the formation of cultural identities, the shaping of gender inclusion, racialization, multicultural policy and education, ritualization, language protection and cultural revival, multicultural health communication campaigns, environmental culture, political culture, indigenous governance, sustainable development, and all forms of cross-cultural interaction.
- An understanding of culture, international and intercultural communication, negotiation and conflict management. An ability to communicate ethically in diverse and difficult circumstances.