This is part one of the class project assessments. Click here to see the overview of the assignments.
Complete a research essay on the government and the economy. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
The U.S. economy is always an issue, even when it’s doing well. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about the American economy.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- 300 word minimum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.
Writing tip – Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).